Friday, June 13, 2008

Gospel of Human Fulfillment

"As we talk about current trends in evangelicalism, this is one of the most tragic trends. This new kind of preaching that is all built around human fulfillment. This new kind of evangelizing where the whole appeal to the unconverted person is personal fulfillment, that the Lord will personally fulfill your life. Because when that's the reason for you to come to Christ, then that becomes the reason you came to Christ, and then that becomes what you expect Christ to do for you, and you set people up for an utterly reverse process of sanctification.
"Well here I am Jesus, fulfill me. Here I am Jesus, satisfy me. Here I am Jesus, plug up all the holes in my life. Give me perfect relationships, bring me happiness, success..." When in fact a proper attitude is-
"Lord save me for Jesus sake, I am not worthy of anything and somehow make my life useful to you for the advance of your kingdom, even if it costs me everything."
~John MacArthur

No comments: